Monday, September 18, 2006

Ahhh, the Singapore Sling!

I may look like I've had several already, but actually it's a case of severe jet lag! After a 17 hour, non-stop flight from LAX (the longest flight I've been on) what I really wanted was a bed somewhere. My colleague and I decided it would be a better idea to stay up and run around town though. We got in at 5 AM which made for a very loooong day. We took a taxi from our hotel to the Clarke Quay (pronounced 'key') and took a rickshaw tour around the area. It is very modern with only a few vestiges of the colonial era. One of these was the old Raffles hotel, where we made our way to the Long Bar to have a Singapore Sling. Of course we had to sample one, and although they are rather pricey, they are also quite tasty! I have posted more pictures of our trip below.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo!
I recognize the shirt :)
xo you know who....

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home